Connect with us


Can I Serve at NYSC After NCE Programme?

Remain neutral, adhere to Electoral Act – NYSC Charge Corps members
Spread the love

Join NYSC WhatsApp Group

Can I Serve at NYSC After NCE Programme? Many individuals who are familiar with the Nigerian education system may be wondering if they can participate in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) after completing a National Certificate in Education (NCE) programme. The question is a valid one, as many admission seekers considering NCE programmes are uncertain about their eligibility for NYSC. The answer, however, is simple: NO, NCE holders are not eligible for NYSC.

This does not mean that individuals with an NCE certificate cannot participate in NYSC at all. If you decide to participate in NYSC after obtaining an NCE, there are other requirements you need to fulfill. Here is what you need to know before you can serve in NYSC.

RECOMMENDED:  What Are The Activities In NYSC Orientation Camp?

Why NCE Are Not Allowed To Go For NYSC

The NCE is a three-year program offered at colleges of education in Nigeria, and it is comparable to other programs like OND, IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB Advanced Level, and Cambridge Advanced Level. However, these programs are only the first phase of a degree award and are not equivalent to a BSc in Education or an HND.

It’s important to note that only graduates with an HND or BSc degree are eligible to serve in the NYSC program in Nigeria. This means that you must have graduated from a university or polytechnic with an HND before being eligible for mobilization.

RECOMMENDED:  List of Accredited NYSC Cyber Cafe in Abuja

How To Qualify For NYSC Service With NCE

To participate in the NYSC program, you must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution. If you have completed an NCE program, you can use it as a prerequisite for admission to a degree program in a Nigerian university. After completing the degree program, you will be eligible to serve at NYSC.

Finishing NCE and immediately proceeding to NYSC is not possible. To be eligible for NYSC, you must have a degree or HND, and only graduates of universities and polytechnics at the HND level are eligible for mobilization.

One option for NCE holders who wish to participate in NYSC is to enroll in a university for an additional three years of study to obtain a degree in education. To do this, they must obtain a JAMB Direct Entry form and meet the requirements. After completing their degree, they can then proceed to NYSC.

RECOMMENDED:  What Happens If I Miss NYSC CDS?

For some people, the path is quite lengthy. Spending three years in NCE and an additional three years after that makes it even longer. In comparison, pursuing a 4-year degree programme at a university seems like a more appealing option. However, choosing to pursue an NCE programme does not mean you won’t be able to participate in NYSC – now that you know what to do next.

Join NYSC WhatsApp Group
Spread the love
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Recent Posts