Connect with us


Can I Go For NYSC After School of Nursing?

nysc orientation camp resumption
Spread the love

Join NYSC WhatsApp Group

If you have completed your nursing training at a school of nursing, you may be wondering if you are eligible to participate in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). The answer is, it depends.

In general, graduates of school of nursing are not required to serve in the NYSC program because their training is already a specialized professional course. However, if you have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or any other course, then you are eligible to participate in the program.

If you have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, then you are eligible to serve in the NYSC program. However, you may still need to provide additional documents to confirm your eligibility. These documents may include your school of nursing certificate, your Bachelor’s degree certificate, and any other relevant certificates.

RECOMMENDED:  Is it Possible to Start a Master's Degree Before or During NYSC Program?

It is also important to note that even if you are eligible to participate in the NYSC program, you may not be posted to a healthcare facility. This is because the NYSC program does not guarantee that you will be posted to your area of expertise. Your posting will be determined by the NYSC officials based on the needs of the country.

If you are a graduate of a school of nursing and you are interested in participating in the NYSC program, it is important that you confirm your eligibility with the NYSC officials. You can visit the NYSC website or the nearest NYSC office for more information.

RECOMMENDED:  NYSC Calendar for 2024 Batch A, B or C

Will I Go for NYSC After School of Nursing?

There are three types of nursing programs available.

1. University Nursing Program which awards a BSN degree: This program is run by some universities in Nigeria. Before being admitted to this program, you must take the JAMB UTME, select your preferred university, sit for their post UTME and eventually gain admission through JAMB.

2. Schools or College of Nursing Program which awards ND/HND diplomas: These colleges admit candidates to run National Diploma and Higher National Diploma in Nursing. Unlike other polytechnics and colleges, the Nursing ND/HND is done uninterruptedly to the end. You also need to take JAMB before you can be admitted to this program.

RECOMMENDED:  List of School of Health Technology Approved For NYSC

3. School or College of Nursing Program which awards RN diplomas: This program is also known as Basic Nursing (leading to the award of Registered Nursing (RN)). To be admitted to this program, you’re only required to have the right SSCE grades and without JAMB UTME.

So back to the question, if you are wondering whether you will be able to serve in NYSC after studying Nursing, the answer is yes, that can only happen if you do a Degree or ND/HND Nursing. However, if you do Registered Nursing, the answer is no.

You can also check the List of School of Health Technology Approved For NYSC. 

Join NYSC WhatsApp Group
Spread the love


  1. Pingback: Can You Go to School of Nursing without JAMB?

  2. Cole Napoleon

    June 27, 2023 at 19:12

    Can I do Nysc or get an exemption certificate, after completing a degree program from siminary that is affiliated with a foreign university

    • Admin

      July 2, 2023 at 11:49

      Yes, you can be awarded an exemption certificate if your institution is accredited, you can visit the ministry of education to register for mobilization

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Recent Posts