Connect with us


Will I Serve In NYSC After ND or NCE?

Best Guide To Change Your NYSC PPA
Spread the love

Join NYSC WhatsApp Group

Many students aspire to serve in the NYSC as part of their educational journey. Whether they are seeking admission or already in school, they often have questions about what awaits them after completing their programs. Before applying for admission, most students inquire about the NYSC requirements.

In this post, I will address one common question and provide more information to clarify any doubts.

Will I Go To NYSC After ND or NCE?

If you have completed a two-year National Diploma (ND) program at a polytechnic, you are not immediately eligible for NYSC. To qualify for NYSC, you will need to either cross over to a university and earn a Bachelor’s degree or proceed to a Higher National Diploma (HND) program and complete it.

RECOMMENDED:  Can I Use NYSC as CV Work Experience?

Therefore, there are two qualifications required to participate in NYSC:

  1. University degree (e.g., BSc, B.Tech, B.Agric, etc.)
  2. Higher National Diploma (HND)

Before obtaining these qualifications, some individuals may have attended polytechnics or colleges of education to earn a National Diploma (ND) or Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) respectively. Other recognized qualifications include IJMB and JUPEB.

You are not automatically eligible for NYSC. You must further your education by obtaining a university degree or completing an HND program.

ND Result Required For NYSC Camp Registration

It’s important to note that even if you cross over to a university or pursue an HND, you will still be required to present your ND result/certificate as a prerequisite for NYSC service.

RECOMMENDED:  NYSC Requirements for Foreign-Trained Graduates

During the online NYSC form filling process and the physical screening at the NYSC camp, graduates who used their ND or other foundational qualifications to progress to higher levels will need to provide these certificates.

However, having an ND alone does not qualify you to serve in NYSC. If you have completed a National Diploma program at a polytechnic, you will need to proceed to HND or earn a Bachelor’s degree (BSc) before becoming eligible for NYSC.

In conclusion, to qualify for NYSC mobilization, you need either a university degree or an HND. Simply having an ND is not sufficient to participate in the NYSC program.

RECOMMENDED:  Can I Use Islamic Marriage Certificate for NYSC?
Join NYSC WhatsApp Group
Spread the love
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Recent Posts