Connect with us


NYSC Registration Requirements For Married Women With Documents

Spread the love

Do you know as a married woman going for the National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) programme, you can be posted directly to your husband’s state of origin/state of residence? This is called concessional deployment. Cool right? I mean who wouldn’t want something like that?

Every married (female) prospective corps members have the right to be posted to the state of residence of their husband or nearer to their loved ones and family. But as for statutory arrangement, you won’t be eligible for such opportunity if you don’t get some things done or follow the right procedure.

Join whatsapp group for daily job recruitment and vacancies alert

Two Options Available For Married Corps Members

Speaking about the right procedures, you have two options available to you when filling the registration form.

  1. When filling the NYSC registration form, you can indicate married and request to be posted to any state you want.
  2. You can fill the application form without indicating married, but on getting to the NYSC orientation camp, you will have to submit a redeployment letter on the basis of marriage.

Whatever you choose to go for, you will need to provide some supporting documents as a prove that you are truly married.

If you go for the first option, you will be required to scan and upload your supporting documents before submitting your online application.


If you also go for the second option, you will asked by the NYSC officials when doing physical verification at the camp, to provide some documents before they can clear you for redeployment.

If you go for option 1, you won’t be posted to another state other than the state of residence of your husband. If you go for option 2, they will first post you to any state before you will be redeployed to your husband’s state of origin or residence.

NYSC Requirements Documents For Married Women

Listed below are the documents you will need before you begin your NYSC mobilization registration for married female prospective corps members (PCMs), this will let you know which of the aforementioned options you will go for.

  1. Marriage Certificate
  2. Newspaper Change of Names
  3. Husband’s ID Card (e.g National ID Card, Voter’s Card, Driver’s License)
  4. Husband’s Local Government Identification/Domicile Letter
  5. Utility Bill or Letter of Employment
  6. O’level Result

Let me explain briefly why you need those documents.

1. Married Certificate or Court Affidavit of Marriage

You will need to provide a marriage certificate issued to you by any registered religious bodies or a Magistrate court.

2. Newspapers Change of Name

You must have a newspaper publication that shows you changed your name to that of your husband. Be sure to circle the area (asterisk deeply the four angles of the area showing the names) of your own names.

3. Husband’s ID Card

The official identity card of your husband must be available, it could be either National ID Card, Voter’s Card or Driver’s License.


4. Husband’s Local Government Identification/Domicile Letter

If you want the state of origin of your husband, his local government identification should be enough. But if he resides in another state, you can provide domicile letter, which you can get this from the local government where your husband is presently living.

5. Utility Bill or Letter of Employment

You will need to provide utility bill, it can be any the following; electricity bill, waste bill, water bill, telecom bill, TV subscription bill. The utility bill must contain an address of the state you want to deployed to. The utility bill doesn’t have to bear your husband’s name. It’s that address/state they want to confirm there.

6. O’level Result

In the past, NYSC does not require your O’Level result, but recently married female corpers are required to upload their O’Level results as part of their supporting documents. It could be WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or GCE result.



Apart from the marriage certificate and evidence of change of name, other documents are meant to known where you will be posted. Hence, it is important that all the documents carries or points to the same address/state.

As a prospective female corps members, I’d advise you to indicate married when filling the form on the NYSC registration portal as this will enable you to scan and upload the supporting documents before submission, since the required documents for the online application won’t be any different from what they will ask for on camp.

The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.


Spread the love
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Recent Posts