Connect with us


Can I Change My JAMB Name After Exam?

How to Update and Link Email on JAMB Portal 2023
Spread the love

Join NYSC WhatsApp Group

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) exam is a crucial step for Nigerian students seeking admission into higher institutions.

However, sometimes, errors or unforeseen circumstances might necessitate a change in your JAMB name after the exam. Whether it’s a simple spelling error or a more significant change due to marriage or legal reasons, understanding the process is important.

Is it possible to change my JAMB name after the exam?

Yes, you can change your JAMB name after the exam, but it involves certain procedures and requirements. This blog post will guide you through the process, highlighting the steps you need to take and the documents you’ll need to provide.

RECOMMENDED:  How to Reset/Change Your JAMB Password with Phone Number

Reasons for Changing Your JAMB Name

There are several reasons why you might need to change your name on your JAMB profile after the exam:

  • Spelling errors: Even the smallest typo in your name can lead to complications during admission.
  • Legal name change: In some cases, you might have undergone a legal name change due to personal reasons.
  • Omission of middle name: Sometimes, middle names might be omitted during registration.

How to Change Your JAMB Name After the Exam

  1. Obtain a Sworn Affidavit: Visit a court or commissioner for oaths and obtain a sworn affidavit stating your reason for changing your name. Ensure the affidavit includes your old and new names, date of birth, and signature.
  2. Publish a Newspaper Announcement: Place an advert in a national newspaper announcing your name change. The advert should include your old and new names, date of birth, and JAMB registration number.
  3. Visit a JAMB Office: Locate the nearest JAMB office and visit in person. You’ll need to carry the following documents:
    • Your JAMB examination slip.
    • The sworn affidavit.
    • A copy of the newspaper publication announcing the name change.
    • Any other relevant documents, such as your marriage certificate (if applicable).
  4. Pay the Change of Data Fee: You’ll need to pay a processing fee to complete the name change. This fee is subject to change, so it’s best to check with the JAMB office for the current amount.
  5. Submit the Documents: Once you’ve completed all the steps and gathered the necessary documents, submit them to the JAMB officials at the office.
  6. Wait for Approval: The JAMB office will process your request and inform you of the outcome once your name change has been approved.
RECOMMENDED:  Why O'Level Subjects Repeated Twice on JAMB Portal

Note: The JAMB website also offers a “Correction of Data” service for minor errors such as typos in names. This option is typically faster and more straightforward than changing your entire name.

Join NYSC WhatsApp Group
Spread the love
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Recent Posts